2020 - BHAC SWIM TEAM
13&Up Season Extension
Are your middle school and high school swimmers looking for some extra conditioning? Or is your son/daughther looking to get in some more laps before the summer ends?
We are happy to let you know we had a great response for the extra two weeks of 13& up practice. We will begin sign-up for the week of 7/27. Please read the details below.
- Practice time 7:15-8:45
- Cost $30
- Sign-up & pay directly to Coach Tom by Friday 7/24 (cash, check, venmo @Tom-Warnica)
- We will only run practice if we get 10 swimmers
- We must cap this group at 24 so don't delay. 1st come, 1st serve
2020 Regular Season
First of all, we would like to thank you all for your patience and flexibility with the swim team this year. We are super excited to get the kids back in the pool! This has been a very unique time and we are just so thrilled that we are able to provide a swim season, albeit a different one than we have been accustomed to in the past. We want to have fun and set goals but with a focus on safety. We fully expect the first week of practice to be a learning curve for all and appreciate continued patience as we put our plans into place, recognizing that we will all have to have flexibility throughout this season.
As most of you are aware, There will be no NSSL sanctioned meets or other events this season. The possibility of inter-squad and virtual meets later in the season will be evaluated as things progress. Coach Tom and his coaching staff are committed to making practice fun as well as challenging the kids throughout the entire season.
There will be new rules and expectations for swimmers, coaches and parents to follow this season. If you have any questions about these new expectations please reach out to Kristen or Laura.
CHANGES FOR 2020 SEASON:
- All swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool without assistance. Due to safety concerns, coaches will be on deck, they are unable to be in the water during practice.
- Practices will be drop-off only, parents will not be able to be inside the club or on the pool deck during practice. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you have a special circumstance, please talk to Coach Tom.
- If your child is at all nervous or apprehensive about being away from you or their guardian, you may consider waiting until next summer to start them on the swim team.
- Swimmers must enter practice at the Potter’s Booth and exit the pool at the large gate near the dive well.
- Swimmers are expected to place their swim bag on the deck and head directly to their assigned starting location. They will not be able to enter early; they may be able to line up outside of the club, but cannot enter until their designated time.
- Swimmers will be expected to follow the 6-foot social distancing rule at all times while on BHAC property, the parking lot is included
- Please stay at home if you feel sick
· We ask that you stay home if you feel sick (have a high body temperature), live with a family member who is sick, or have been exposed to Covid‐19.
- There will be no access to the locker rooms or bathrooms during or after practice unless there is an emergency.
- Swimmers will need to come in their suits, ready to go.
- Please bring goggles, swim cap, towel and water bottle only - FOOD IS NOT PERMITTED ON DECK
- Water bottles should be filled at home.
- Parents that choose to stay and wait, will be expected to stay in their cars or stay socially distanced in the parking lot.
- Swim chairs will have the cell phone numbers of the primary contact during the day, for each swimmer, and will contact you in the event of an emergency.
- If swimmers are not adhering to our very important social distancing rules/guidelines, coaches will have no choice but to ask that swimmer to call his/her parents and they must leave immediately.
- Swimmers will be expected to leave immediately after practice. They will not be allowed to socialize on deck. We have limited time and quick transitions between groups. This may change later in the summer, as we move into Phase 5, and more people are allowed on the grounds of the club at one time. But we must be strict until we get to that point.
- The playground, pavilion and basketball courts will be closed during swim practice.
- Due to our strict CDC and USA Swimming guidelines, and the shortened practice times per age group, the coaches will not be available to talk to parents before or after practice. If you would like to speak with Coach Tom or any of the coaches, please email Coach Tom @ twarnica @gmail.com. You can also email Kristen or Laura with swim team related questions at email@example.com. We will all do our best to respond within 24 hours.
- Practice Starts Wednesday June 17th
- Swimmers will ENTER at Potters Booth and EXIT through large gate near the dive well this season. Please line up at Potters Booth and wait until swim chairs or coaches line you up and allow you to enter for your practice time.
- Practices will look different this year, with smaller group sizes and shorter length of practice for each group. Practices will be limited to approximately 4-5 kids per lane. Swimmers will have assigned starting locations.
- If needed we will incorporate dry land workouts into their practice time and kids may rotate from the pool to dry land.
- All of these instructions above will be explained to the kids, but PLEASE SHARE all this important information with them prior to their first practice.
- Kristen Grake and Laura O’Brien will greet the swimmers at Potters Booth to help line up the kids, answer any questions, and hand out/sell caps the first few days.
- Latex Caps will be available for all swimmers, Silicone caps will be sold for $20
- ALL PRACTICE TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ONCE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED, BASED ON NUMBERS IN EACH AGE GROUP.
Monday - Friday
15 & up (HS) -6:45 - 7:50 (including 14 yr. olds that completed their first year of HS, if preferred)
13/14 - 8:00 - 8:50
11/12 - 9:00 - 9:45
9/10 A - 9:45 - 10:15
9/10 B - 10:15 - 10:45
8&U A - 11:00 - 11:30
8&U B -11:30 - 12:00
- 8 & UNDER WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE DIVIDED UP INTO ADDITIONAL GROUPS IN THE SHALLOW END OF THE POOL (TO MAINTAIN USA SWIMMING GUIDELINES OF SOCIAL DISTANCING IN THE POOL)
- THE NUMBER OF 8 & UNDER SWIMMERS WILL BE CAPPED AT 60 SWIMMERS, for SAFETY PURPOSES.
- Unfortunately this year we cannot allow 4 year-olds to participate on the swim team.
- ALL groups will be determined by coaches and you must maintain that practice time/age group, unless a coach gives permission otherwise. We may have some flexibility to move a few things around once we establish the groups and understand our numbers, but for the first two weeks, there will be no exceptions for safety purposes.
- The practice schedule is tentative and may be adjusted as we fine tune the details and numbers of swimmers change. Please be patient as we make adjustments. Please be prepared for some possible changes to the schedule over the first few weeks.
- We will communicate the final practice schedule for ALL GROUPS on Tuesday evening. All communication will be done via TEAM SNAP email.
- $135 - per swimmer
- NO VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT THIS SUMMER!!
- NEW SWIMMERS - If you are 10 & UNDER and new to BHAC Swim Team, we will be holding try-outs, Tuesday morning, June 16th.
- TRY-OUTS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL NEW 10 AND UNDER SWIMMERS (with only exception for those who swam with another NSSL team and/or a USA Swim team last year; YOU WILL NEED TO EMAIL US AND LET US KNOW WHICH TEAM YOU WERE ON SO WE CAN CONFIRM THIS BEFORE WE CAN ACCEPT YOUR REGISTRATION, WITHOUT A TRYOUT IF YOU ARE 10 and under, NEW TO BHAC)
- Please see the link below to sign-up for a try out time. You MUST sign up - NO WALK INS for try-outs
- https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f44a4af29a02-2020 (copy and paste into browser if necessary)
- NEW to the BHAC Swim Team? Please DO NOT register on Team Snap until your swimmer(s) have completed and passed evaluation (except for those who have swam on NSSL or USA Swim team in past year)
- ALL RETURNING FAMILIES INTERESTED IN REGISTERING YOUR KIDS FOR BHAC SWIM TEAM, YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR SWIMMER(S) BY SATURDAY JUNE 13 @ 10 PM.
- We must have ALL our swimmers registered by this date so we can finalize practice groups. It is for the safety of all swimmers that we must limit the group sizes, and therefore must have an accurate count.
- NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR
** VERY IMPORTANT - Each swimmer must register via TEAM SNAP link, sign waiver and pay registration fee before you are able to attend any swim practices. We will be checking the roster and will be unable to allow ANY swimmers who have not registered and paid to practice, for safety reasons. If dropped off and unregistered, we will unfortunately have to ask that swimmer(s) to leave, and call their parents to pick them up. We cannot guarantee you will have a spot on the team if not registered by SATURDAY JUNE 13 (except those who are attending try outs)
TEAM SNAP LINK : https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/232501 (copy and paste into browser if necessary)
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions at BHACSWIMTEAM@gmail.com.
Thanks again for your patience,
Laura O’Brien and Kristen Grake
BHAC SWIM TEAM
Coach Tom Warnica - firstname.lastname@example.org