BHAC Tennis Season 2020 Tennis Team Protocols:
Welcome Back new and returning tennis families. The 2020 season is going to be an interesting one, and will look different then past seasons, but I am confident it will be fun and memorable for the players. We will all model flexibility, patience and be grateful that we get to have something of what we have missed these last few months.
In general, we will run drills in much smaller groups, shorter time frames and adhere to many new protocols being implemented with your safety in mind. These protocols are based, in part on governmental regulations as well as safety recommendations issued by both the CDC and USTA.
Our goal here is to allow the players to play tennis in the safest possible environment which we will only be able to maintain with everyone’s cooperation. We want this to be a wonderful experience for our players, but we know it will not be as convenient as in the past. Please stay in touch with the coaches, director, and chairs if you have concerns or suggestions. We will do the best we can!
Tennis Team Basics
- · Tennis Team is open to all members age 10-18.
- · Practices will be held Monday – Wednesday mornings.
- · Specific practice times will be announced after registration is complete in-order to break the team into manageable groups.
- · No matches will be scheduled initially, and we do not anticipate any inter-club play this season. We will evaluate feasibility of in-house matches on Thursdays and Fridays after practices kick-off.
- · Due to many limitations we are facing, tennis team fee will be lowered this season to $100 per child, $75 per each additional child in same household. This lowered fee will reflect the absence of uniform, photo, snacks, and events.
Tennis Drills/Practice Protocols
Players requirements when entering and leaving courts:
- · Arrive ready to play: Players should have all appropriate tennis gear and athletic shoes on and ready to go. Tennis bags or string bags should be packed with a water bottle, racket, and hand sanitizer. No other items are allowed near the courts. Players may not share equipment with each other. Please place all bags on grass near courts. Keep your bags at a good distance from other’s bags as well.
- · When practice ends, players should leave the courts as soon as possible: Players may not swim or stay and socialize.
- · Social Distancing: All players and coaches shall remain at least 6 feet apart, both on and off the courts.
- · Zero Contact: Avoid contact with other people or others’ equipment or drinks. Strive to minimize contact with surfaces, such as nets, fences, benches, etc.
- · No Parents Allowed During Practice: Parents may drop off and pick up but may not attend drills/practices in accordance with capacity limitations. Parents please follow the club’s requirements for social distancing when dropping and picking up players.
- · Hand Sanitizer: Must be used by all players and coaches as they enter and leave the courts.
- · Restrooms: Players must wash their hands prior to re‐entering the courts. Minimize use of restrooms before, during and after practice is best.
- · Stay at Home if Sick. We ask that you stay home if you feel sick, live with a family member who is sick, or have been exposed to Covid‐19. There is no penalty for missing drills.
As our current situation continues to evolve and unfold, we will reevaluate adding in 9-year-old and under clinics.
Thank you for your continued support and patience during this ever-changing time. We are trying to adapt and be patient like all of you have been, with our main goal being everyone’s safety.
Your BHAC Tennis Family
Please see the USTA website for additional tips and guidelines.
BHAC Tennis Team
2020 Sponsorship Levels
Bronze Sponsor: Minimum $500.00
Family Name listed on a sign on one tennis court for one year
Silver Sponsor: Minimum $750.00
Family Name listed on a sign on one tennis court for two years
Gold Sponsor: Minimum $5000.00
Family Name listed on a sign on one tennis court for membership lifetime
Checks can be made directly to "BHAC Tennis"
or you may Venmo @BHAC-TennisTeam