BHAC SHARKS NEWSLETTER #3 - WEEK OF JUNE 27 - PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY FOR IMPORTANT BHAC SHARK INFO!
WOW - What an incredible first meet we had last Thursday at Beachwood! Everyone swam so well! I still have the chills - thinking of how amazingly close and exciting those relays were - which helped decide the outcome of the meet! IF you haven't heard - BHAC SHARKS 289 - BEACHWOOD - 288! Yes - a one point victory! Doesn't get any closer or exciting than that! Each and every point mattered in that meet - so please remind your swimmers how important each of them are to our team! We had so many of our new swimmers cut a lot of time as well. It shows how much hard work they are putting in and now they are seeing the results. It was so awesome to hear the cheers and see so many kids from ages 5-18 gathered around the pool, cheering our relays on and jumping up and down in excitement when they heard the final results! That is what summer swim is all about - sunshine, laughter, exciting races, and cheering with our teammates and friends!
**COMMUNICATION - VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION **
Please make certain to READ this email carefully as well as all swim team email communication...especially when it pertains to meets, events, volunteering. There is ALOT packed in this email - as its a BUSY week. Our team consists of 220 swimmers and the only way in which we can communicate to all of you regarding our team’s happenings/events and any important changes that occur during the week, is via email. We can't stress enough the importance of reading these emails so you do not miss anything.
** Please add the TEAM SNAP app to your mobile device... you can easily access ALL swim team emails that Kristen and I (Laura) have sent throughout the season, by going to Messages (tab at bottom) and then click on Emails - all the swim team emails should all pop up. This is a great way to easily access old emails that you wish to reference again - without having to toggle through your entire inbox and searching through hundreds of emails.
OUR FIRST HOME SWIM MEET - MON 6/27 @ BHAC vs. HUNTINGTON WOODS (HWAC) ; MICHIGAN CREAMERY and GROWLER FUNDRAISER AFTER SWIM MEET!
- ARRIVE no later than 3:30; WARM-UP @3:45; START TIME - 5:30
- Our first SHARK TANK WILL BE RIGHT BEFORE the start of the meet - you don't want to miss it!!!
- BRING CASH : we will be selling Heat Sheets for $2 each and there will be awesome concessions, led by our amazing concession chair, Kelly Ruggirello! There will be lots of food/beverages/snacks for our hungry swimmers!
- Bring sweatshirts, flannels, sweatpants, parkas, extra towels (they always seem to get soaked), etc... Tomorrow's weather is sunny with a high of 72, but it will dip into the 50's when the sun goes down.
- Please make every effort to stay until the end to cheer and support our relay teams onto victory!
- PIZZA PARTY AFTER MEET in pavilion and then lets ALL head to MICHIGAN COFFEE and CREAMERY and MICHIGAN GROWLER - for ice cream and beer! Fundraiser with 15 % of ALL SALES all day supporting BHAC SWIM TEAM! They will stay open late until 9:30 for our SWIM TEAM to get ice cream and beer!!!
PARKING FOR MEET
- NO parking in our lot (we reserve our parking lot for our visiting teams)
- Parking available at Beverly Elementary, Beverly Park and/or on Riverside or other side streets.
- NO PARKING in medical building lot next door as you will likely be towed!
BAGEL BREAKFAST/ SWIM BUDDY BANNERS
- Come grab a bagel after practice in the morning, to carb up before the big meet!
- PLEASE MAKE CERTAIN THAT ALL SWIMMERS PARTICIPATING IN SWIM BUDDY PROGRAM, DROP OFF YOUR COMPLETED BANNER BY 12:00 tomorrow, Monday!
- Banners are being hung in the pavilion ON MONDAY prior to the meet! We have crayons/markers so you can complete before/after practice.
- Please leave completed banners in swim office if you cannot find anyone and we will make certain they go up.
We will have awards available for our swimmers later this week (every single swimmer who swam in an event will receive a ribbon that will include a sticker that says their name, date, name of meet, event and their swimmers' time. If you swam as exhibition, the ribbons are rainbow and if you were in the points heat, they will be in solid color with the place indicated on the ribbon - 1st-6th )
We are waiting to receive and sort these ribbons from Beachwood and medals and ribbons from the 9/10 mini meet. They should be available later this week for distribution.
BHAC's Firecracker practice is an annual tradition for our swim team and will take place this FRIDAY JULY 1 during each age group's normal practice time. Your swimmers won't want to miss this fun-filled practice, with games and team bonding.
SPECIAL OLYMPICS RAFFLE - WIN A FRONT ROW PARKING SPOT AT HOME MEETS!
- We are raffling 3 front row PRIME PARKING SPOTS for our home meets and banquet AND 2 prime PICNIC TABLES in PAVILION at our home meets! SWIMMERS, parents, grandparents, sitters - can all enter to win!
- TICKETS $5 each or 5 for $20. We will sell tickets during practices/meet tomorrow, TUES and WED, so please bring cash/check. If you will not be at the club this week and you would like to buy tickets via Venmo please email Laura and Kristen @ email@example.com. Our preference is cash/check, as we are charged transaction fees on our BHAC swim team Venmo account
- 100% of proceeds benefit the NSSL's delegated charity: Special Olympics.
- We will have the drawing WEDNESDAY AT ABOUT 11:15 AM during pancake breakfast. The winners need not be present to win...we will call/email the winners Wed afternoon and notify them.
- Ask any past winners how amazing it is to be able to have a front row parking spot!!
- Look for Laura O'Brien or Kristen Grake in pavilion to purchase tickets or email us for VENMO info, and help our team to support this amazing cause and provide a generous donation!
We are having team pictures THIS THURSDAY at 8:30 AM (please arrive between 8:15 and 8:30)- come bring your child for team pictures and grab a bagel at our bagel breakfast at the same time! The team photo should take no more than about 20-30 minutes if everyone arrives on time. Our photographer, Renee Rapson, will be taking individual pictures for those who wish to do so! Order forms will be sent out prior to Thursday. Each swim team family will receive a team picture, as our gift, at the banquet at the end of the season!
HOME MEET THURSDAY - JUNE 30 BHAC vs. FARMINGTON GLEN
ARRIVAL - 3:30; WARM-UP @ 3:45; START TIME - 5:30
** REMINDER TO PLEASE CHECK YES OR NO ON YOUR SWIMMER’S AVAILABILITY PAGE IN TEAM SNAP FOR THURSDAY’S MEET BY MONDAY - END OF DAY!
PANCAKE BREAKFAST - SWIM & TENNIS TEAM - WED. JUNE 29
Come join your swim and tennis friends for FREE pancakes and sausage before/after swim practice
WEDNESDAY - 8:00 - 11:30AM
ALL SWIMMERS ARE INVITED AND ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND!
STROKE CLINIC - THIS WEEK - STARTS/TURNS CLINIC
- Monday - Thursday, from 11:45 -12:15pm.
- Kids are divided up into groups of 6-7 swimmers per coach
- $30/per swimmer. Cash/check paid directly to coach who works with your child in the clinic.
- Great way for your child to work on their starts and turns (both flip turns and open turns) and improve their form/technique
IMPORTANT DATES THIS WEEK:
- Monday June 27 - HOME Meet vs. HWAC; ARRIVE @ 3:30; WARM-UP @ 3:45 PM; START TIME - 5:30 PM
- Wed. June 29 - Joint Swim Team/Tennis Team Pancake Breakfast from 8 -11:30 - ALL INVITED BEFORE/AFTER SWIMMER’S PRACTICE - DROP IN ANYTIME FOR FREE BREAKFAST!
- Thursday June 30 :
- TEAM PICTURES - @ 8:30 am (please arrive between 8:15-8:30)
- HOME Meet vs Farmington GLEN; ARRIVE @ 3:30; WARM-UP @ 3:45 PM; START TIME - 5:30 PM
To all those who have volunteered and will be doing so this week, a huge thank you for all of your support! We could not do this without each of you! Thank you to all of our awesome families! This will be a fun, busy week. Please let us know if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Laura and Kristen